Sunday, November 1, 2015

Purses vs Pockets

I've always admired some of the designer purses my wife has and the way she fills them up with literally her whole life.  Makes for building up her biceps when the purse + things weighs 30 lbs.

In "full guy mode", I carry half my life in the pockets of my guy pants.  The same items are always in the same bulging pockets, making them easy to find.

Men's pants always have deep pockets, women's pants have shallow or no pockets - hence the need for a purse.  When I do wear women's pants, one annoyance is the need to carry a purse, or else tightly grip a clutch wallet and keys, while staying paranoid enough not to lose them.

In "girl mode", the solution, carry a purse for the extra feminine attention and space.  A water bottle comes in handy to fill up a purse or give it more weight for that true "carrying your whole life" look.  I have seen other women's eyes noticing my purse (and my shoes).

You can also feel vulnerable when carrying a purse, either to purse snatching or drawing too much attention.  To avoid this, I sometimes wear feminine looking guy pants, like skinny jeans with deep pockets, but keep everything else feminine.

Thrift stores can have some amazing purses, some with designer labels too, just a few years old and often barely used (women buy lots of stuff they barely end up using before finally donating it away).

A crossbody or shoulder purse keeps your hands free for browsing while shopping - they can also be quite subtle, and might pass for "messenger" bags or other "guy acceptable" bags.

For the ultimate feminine feel, carry a handbag coordinated to your outfit and shoes, and add in a confident walk!

https://pixabay.com/en/woman-smartphone-chatting-girl-410320/

No comments:

Post a Comment