Saturday, October 31, 2015

Here I am

After months of contemplating doing this, here I am.

My story is similar to many of the other stories posted out there.  Born a "normal" boy, wanted girly things as a kid, suppressed those feelings, started "dressing", felt and acted like a normal guy in many ways in life, totally heterosexual, got married, started a family, finally accepted being a crossdresser, now struggling with finding a balance.

My story is also a little different - I want to "dress", but I don't want to "pass" as a woman.  From the neck up, I like looking like a guy - I'm not into makeup or facial piercings, I like my guy haircut, I like my guy voice.  From the neck down, I want to borrow the best of both worlds, clothing styles, fabrics, colors, shoes (definitely!), accessories.  Physically, I like having all the guy parts.  Emotionally and mentally, I want to think and feel like a guy most of the time, and like a woman sometimes.  Socially, I just want to be accepted.

Why blog now?  Writing is a way to share, but also to be shared with, to make this whole experience feel less lonely.  Writing has also been a way for me to figure out life's challenges, helping to find clarity, and is a good distraction from shopping (smiling).  So, here I am.

P.S.  Don't be shy, post your comments - it's all anonymous and we'll all feel better knowing someone out there is listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment