Monday, February 22, 2016

Name brands

Growing up, I was one of those kids that only had no-name branded clothes and shoes.  I came from a background which couldn't afford buying big-name brands, and ended up seeing that the value of money was more powerful than the names on labels. 

Growing older, I find there is an exhilarating feeling of finding brand name clothing, shoes, and purses for a few dollars in thrift stores, in good condition, full of life experiences and adventurous stories.  Inspecting my finds, it's interesting how little details of the previous owner get left behind...slight lipstick marks inside purses, worn pocket corners on jeans, tiny dents on soles, clothing labels with the year and style.  These gently used, name brand items provide me a chance to wear quality, stylish, and ultra feminine items that I couldn't have worn growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment