Thursday, June 2, 2016

One last outing adventure

There is cycle that I've read many other CDs describe about our dressing habits, starting with curiosity, leading to shy purchases, evolving into intense private dressing sessions, longing for adventures in public, and finally making it part of a daily routine.

I'm in that phase of craving the adventures out, dressed in women's clothes and shoes from the neck down, looking like a guy from the neck up.  I venture out dressed like this at least once a week, for a few hours, usually shopping, and find ways to interact with people.  I am able to enjoy intense private dressing sessions, going through all my outfits in an hour, at least once a week.  Daily, I try one or two items on before focusing on getting dressed in guys clothes for work.

Photo credit: mamaloco
via Home Decorators / CC BY-ND
Last week, my outing adventure was probably a highlight of my CD experience so far.  I wore an outfit that I really felt comfortable with, liked how I looked from all angles, and felt confident wearing and walking in.  My outfit was simple, but appropriate for shopping, color matching top and pumps, skinny jeans (that fit amazing well), subtle jewelry, and a coordinated crossbody purse.  I got compliments from three different women...."you look really good", "love how your shoes match your top", "hmm.....work it".

The irony that day was that I left my house thinking that this was the last time I'm going dressed out, that I'm done going out, what's the point, I'll never be accepted.  That day ended up being a good day, and a reminder to stay confident, be hopeful, and treat every outing like it's the last one (and it won't be).

No comments:

Post a Comment