Sunday, December 18, 2016

Coming out party

In the last few weeks of this year, thoughts have been on my mind about whether 2017 will be the year I come out to my world that I'm a crossdresser. We often put so much effort into events, even planning our own weddings and funerals years before we're ready. For a crossdresser, seems appropriate that we should actually plan our coming out party, even if it's till years before we'll be the guest of honor.

Last night, I had an unusual dream...I'm dressed in a black cocktail dress, with sheer black tights, and sparkly black pumps. I'm peeking through a doorway, seeing lots of people I know having fun, all dressed up for some important event. Anxiety hits and I duck back into the Mens room, casually walk up to a urinal, and notice that there's another guy in this bathroom looking at me oddly.  I start to wonder, do they seem me dressed as a woman. I quickly find a mirror, and see myself with my mostly guy-looking face, yet accented with beautiful makeup, and a feminine hairstyle, all coordinated with my outfit, looking more beautiful than I have ever imagined. Then I realize, this is my coming out party!

Photo credit: Street style city via
Foter.com / CC BY-NC-SA





No comments:

Post a Comment