Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Walking in the perfect shoe size

All those cute shoes in ads, store windows, and even online, don't usually come in the sizes us guys really need.  I used to think I could squeeze into size 10 shoes, then finally admitted that I'm a 11+.  I find that my heels and wedges size is actually one smaller than my flats size.  Wide width lets me wear a size smaller, or just gives me that extra comfort compared to normal width.

It took a major step of confidence to be a guy trying on stilettos in a shoe store only to realize that most SAs and other customers don't seem to notice.  I have actually had numerous positive experiences with shoe SAs giving me amazing tips, being non-judging, and spending a lot of time to help me find that right style or fit.  Having a good attitude and being friendly has led to some interesting conversations with SAs and other customers about more than just shoes.  One SA refers to me as "her favorite customer" :)

After trying a lot of different brands and styles to get this far, I think I've figured out my perfect shoe sizes - and that I love shoe shopping!

photo credit: girl shoes via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment