Monday, November 12, 2018

Fitting back into the dress

Two years ago, I splurged at a thrift store on the most amazing evening dress. It fit exactly at the time, but a few months later, it was impossible to pull the zipper up. A few more months, my fingers struggled and kept failing to close the zipper. Breathe in, inhale, exhale, suck it in, morning time, evening time, nothing worked.

I finally had a reason to lose a few pounds. I've never done well with diets, I love food too much, I hate giving up my cravings. This time, though, saying yes to fitting back into that dress motivated me.

I started off slow, getting rid of the 2nd and 3rd dessert helpings. Cut down from 3 meals a day, my metabolism only needs 2 meals. I cut down sugar. And added in more exercise.

The pounds slowly started to disappear. I finally took that dress out to try and magically, the zipper slid all the way up with no effort and with some of the trouble body spots no longer showing their shadows. It was exhilirating!

My skinny jeans also started to close with less strain, tops flowed more femininely, and other dresses started to suit my body more.

It's been a couple of months, and I'm anxiously holding to a stable weight. I still enjoy many of my favorite foods, truly in moderation. I feel healthier and much more energetic.

All I needed was to be motivated by something I'm passionate about, fitting into that dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment