Monday, November 9, 2015

Labels

Male or female.  Straight or gay.  Crossdresser, transvestite, or transgender

Several times a year, I find myself searching the internet, looking to see if anyone else has found an answer to the same way I feel.  I am male, I am straight, I like women, I crossdress, then the rest gets blurry.

Transgender has been in the news a lot lately, seems like most of 2015.  But most of the stories are about full transitions (notably Caitlyn Jenner).  The only transgender people I know personally are both M2F post-transition (neither of them know my secret).  Some websites define the T in LGBT as an umbrella term that covers crossdressers.

Sometimes it feels that knowing the label I fit into would make all of this so much easier to understand, or maybe easier to not feel so alone, so confused, so stalemate.  Other times, the only labels that matter are the ones on consignment dresses or purses.

For years, I rejected labeling myself a crossdresser or a transvestite.  I thought that all I was doing was dressing in women's things.  A couple of years ago, I finally accepted that I'm a crossdresser.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment